Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday November 4 For the Young Adults Contemplative Sharing


why I like these lyrics
from "i believe I can fly."


I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky . . .
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me

The last two lines of the words above
from R. Kelly's hit song remind us
that we, indeed, can "achieve" miracles.
And the words of Jesus below
spell in what sense and how it must
"start inside us."

A branch cannot bear fruit by itself;
it can do so only if it remains in the vine.
In the same way you cannot bear fruit
unless you remain in me. . . .
I have told you this . . .
that your joy may be complete. 

John15:4,11

7-Lyrics_Grape_Vines.jpg
share with us -   week 517 - day 4 



  email correspondence

The following email is from Pete Erickson, president
of an international trade show firm located outside Chicago.

Running a business can be demanding physically and mentally. It's about the next deadline, the next meeting, the next event.

Accessing a website like "staygreat" each morning helps me to slow down and connect with God and God's plan for me. It's not easy to find the time. It takes discipline.

But I find that those few minutes renew my purpose. They make me a better business person, a better father and husband, and a better friend to the people I connect with throughout the day. 

It's amazing how often during the day I am reminded of something from the
reflection that I read that morning. God speaks to us constantly, if we are willing to listen.

Pete Erickson,
hall-erickson,
inc. exposition management.

No comments: